CXINLAW Director, Carl White, took part in an international panel discussion hosted by the Centre for Legal Innovation on the importance of customer experience brought to light through data-led insights.
Here are the top five takeaways from the webinar:
1. Client experience leads to client satisfaction
- For professional services firms, looking only at client satisfaction is not enough, you need to focus on client delights.
- It’s the whole client experience along the customer journey that matters, not just the final result.
2. Client data helps to customize the experience
- Every client is different. You need to understand their needs, anticipate them and design the experience.
- Metrics that correlate with a higher client experience are useful tools.
- Qualitative data provides deeper insights on what the client really wants.
3. The first impression is crucial
- Many law firms fail the first impression test.
- It’s important not to neglect or miss any of the first touchpoints to deliver a great experience.
4. Legal services and products should be customized
- Customization is related not only to a client-first strategy but to an employee-first strategy too.
- Different perspectives inside the firm are essential to delivering a customised experience during the whole customer journey.
- Empathy is a key part of the legal design thinking.
5. Client relationship is effective in a virtual space
- Face-to-face trust and confidence can be easily replaced virtually with no decrease in client satisfaction.
- Virtual environment reshapes the nature of client relationship in an efficient way.
- Blurring lines between work and private life helps to access the client data like never before.
Keen to learn more?